Mold infestation is one of the most common problems in various households worldwide. Most cases of infestation are due to a fungus known as Stachybotrys chartarum, which is known as black mold or toxic mold. However, before opting for any black mold removal products, it would be best to know more about the different options available for the eradication of these toxic molds.
Tips for Mold Spores Removal
Once mold infestation is detected, immediate cleaning is of utmost importance to protect those who are residing in the mold-infested residence. To do this, here are some simple tips that can be followed:
- Determine the conditions that favor or promote mold growth. Any fungus thrives in humid and
warm conditions. To eliminate mold, it would be best to reduce the existence of humidity and warmth in various areas of the house, such as the bathroom and the kitchen.
- Check the plumbing and watch out for obvious indications of moisture accumulation. Any leakage should be repaired immediately.
- If the humidity level in a certain room is more than 55%, it would be great to install a room dehumidifier.
- To prevent mold spores from spreading, make sure that each room is cleaned properly and dust accumulation is eliminated.
- For severe infestation, sealing and containment are the best option in order to solve mold growth issues.
- Misting of the areas infested by molds and cleaning it thoroughly using disinfectants can be very helpful.
- It is also necessary to keep the temperature and humidity level of the room according to the recommended range that will not promote the growth of toxic mold
Options Available for Mold Removal
When searching for a product that can help remove mold, it’s possible to get overwhelm by the list of results, as the market is flooded with them. However, simply trying any product and expect it to get rid of the toxic mold may just be a waste of money.
Research and reviews are important to ensure the product will be able to help with your problems. Some of the products available for toxic mold removal include the following:
- Eco-friendly Products: For mold growth within small spaces, natural cleaning products can be used. Various cleaning solutions can be chosen from, such as white vinegar and borax, which are both helpful in terminating mold spores. To use them, clean the mold residues using a vacuum before misting the solution onto the infested area. Leave the solution on for at least 30 minutes to an hour before scrubbing it. Repeat the same procedure until the mold is removed.
Essential Oils are really effective also against mold. Tea tree oil or peppermint essential oil are two great natural, eco-friendly solutions. They are also both used as all purpose cleaning product since they both possess antiseptic (anti-bacterial, anti-viral, and anti-fungal). We recommend the following two products from our store:
- Mold Cleaning Products: Commercial products are also effective against molds. These products are contained in a plastic spray bottle or container for ease of use. The best product can be found by reading reviews from previous consumers who have already tried the product for the same purpose. Before getting started on the removal of mold, make sure that the directions or instructions are properly read and understood.
Our recommendation is a heavy duty product for mold and mildew among many other undesirable substances. The great thing about this product is it doesn’t cause any risks for humans nor wildlife and you don’t need a pressure washing systems.
- Steam Cleaning Mold: Mold spores do not survive in areas with high temperature and this can be taken advantage of in order to eliminate these toxic molds. If this option is preferred, the next step should be getting steam mops and vapor steam cleaners from a local market to treat the infestation quickly. Apart from being an effective mold remover, this is also helpful in keeping the room sanitized and in eliminating microbial allergens within the area.
There are many options for steam cleaners. Depending on the budget and the task at hand you may go for a good affordable steam cleaner. However, if you plan of making habit of using it to clean your carpet and floors, it may be a good idea to invest in a better one. Below are our recommendations from both end of the spectrum. They are two good options. Please visit our store to see other alternatives:
- Devices for Mold Control: In case the location has a weather condition that favors mold growth, it would be best to purchase home appliances that can be helpful in limiting the growth of molds. These devices include air purifiers (helpful in maintaining the quality of air), dehumidifier (helpful in keeping the humidity level at normal) and a vacuum cleaner with HEPA filters. All these are very useful in eradicating mold growth and infestation.
We recommend the following two appliances.
The first one is an air purifier and the second a dehumidifier. These a two great appliances against the proliferation of mold in your house. And these products have great reviews!
Opting for the services of mold removal companies can be very costly so for mild mold infestation, it would be best to go for the options stated above. However, for severe mold infestation, it would definitely be best to seek the help of a professional to deal with the problem. This is to make sure that the family, especially the kids, is protected from the harmful effects of black mold infestation.